D. Gray-man RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D. Gray-man RPG

Enter the world of D. Gray-man and take part in exciting adventures!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestion? Rant? You make the call.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tag

Tag

Number of posts : 184
Warning :
Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. Right_bar_bleue

Level (Character 1) :
Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. Right_bar_bleue

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

Registration date : 2008-06-16

Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion? Rant? You make the call.   Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 12:07 am

This forum was once a fun and laid back place to roleplay. Now... now it's going in a downward spiral. One of our admins I haven't seen for almost a month, the other's around, but not much... and the only active admin we do have causes high school level drama everywhere he goes. Now, I know how you guys want more members to come flooding into the forums, but really, you aren't doing a very good job. Below are four suggestions I've listed for you. Whether you choose to consider them is up to you.

1. Do a member clean up. Look at the member list. How many people on there have you actually seen on the forums? They're just taking up empty space. Delete accounts that haven't had any activity in months. I doubt they'll be coming back anytime soon. I know, I know. Having the board info say we have 80 members looks nice, but it's a lie. I can count the number of truly active members on maybe two hands. People don't like being lied to.

2. Clean up the forum's general layout to make it easier for potential members to navigate all the important topics. Even I have trouble finding this stuff. They're all spread out. Put the important "need to know before joining" threads in one board.

3. Make sure people post topics in the correct board. Look at the "Lounge", the place where members can introduce themselves. Why are there topics there that have nothing to do with introducing yourself? In fact, maybe you should change the name of that board so people don't get confused and think it's where you post random topics that actually belong in the "Random" board. >_>

4. So, in RP threads I've started seeing a sort of trend. OOC posting. It's everywhere and it needs to stop. Keep your OOC drama out of IC threads. PM a person you're irked at or maybe start a new thread like Tyki does and announce to the world that someone's doing something annoying (that, kids, was a little thing called sarcasm).

Well, that's all I have so far. Mull over those a bit and tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
jansonlyw

jansonlyw

Number of posts : 333
Location : I'm surrounded by annoying people (though there are some nice ones too.).
Warning :

Level (Character 1) :
Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. Left_bar_bleue23 / 10023 / 100Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. Right_bar_bleue

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion? Rant? You make the call.   Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 1:29 am

i was trying my best to help this forum to stay alive until 'high and mighty' Tyki became an admin and decided that he is the lord that rules over this forum and started making his own decisions by deciding:

-that I'm godmoding by having three people attack one person (and i specifically said that the person was not supposed to die) and his beloved cannon tyki can attack 3 people in 1 post and is considered as normal.

-that my character which has been strong for his level ever since he was approved should be weakened until a souless akuma can defeat him.

-that nothing can win against his beloved tyki and kanda's a slow idiot with no reaction (just because i said kanda stepped away before the reject took place)

Those who've been in the forum for a long time will know that he was not like that until he gained the position of admin. shortly after he became an admin he went to give a person warning points for posting on a old thread. As i said to him before, this is a free forum, and anyone can post anything they want on anywhere as long as its related to the topic and not illegal.

I'm not going to do anything to help this site anymore until he stops his high and mighty 'great lord that rules over everything admin' attitude cuz if he thinks that he can rule over everything in this forum, then he should be able to attract 50 members within 3 days without needing any others to help him.

It was much better when Lenalee was active.
Back to top Go down
http://pitifulakumas.blogspot.com
Haru

Haru

Number of posts : 435
Location : Tyki - Awakened Noah [0/1000] | Shirou - Exorcist [0/100]
Warning :

Level (Character 1) :

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion? Rant? You make the call.   Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 6:26 am

If you hate me that much, just get a poll to get me banned.

I'll do what you suggested, but go ahead, make a poll, I won't delete or lock it.
Back to top Go down
Untainted666

Untainted666

Number of posts : 343
Warning :

Level (Character 1) :
Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. Right_bar_bleue

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion? Rant? You make the call.   Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 7:09 am

hey, cool down abit, guys.

@Tyki:kanda's speed is really very fast. In fact, he is teh fastest exorcist, on par with
Lenalee.

We know that you want to be sure you're doing your job, but no one likes being put
down, and you're a little, sorry to say, harsh.

But you're devoted. that's what counts, no?

Btw, the way you roleplay Tyki is a lil intense. Tyki isnt so fierce! Tone him down a little.
YOu know Tyki is a fun guy, make him comical plus insane plus sadistic like he really is.
It's a hassle, but Tyki is like...the DGM playmaker...

@janson: I aso thought you were pushing things a little overboard when you were powered
so high to take down lvl 3 easily. I think at best you can take down lvl 2s easily, thats maximum
for our levels alreadly.

I think it was harsh for tYki to say your RP skills are bad. Maybe they arent the best, but
thats why we're here- to improve our RP ability. At least I am. I recommend you 'plan'
things on both a long scale and short scale at the same time. That's how I worked, well,
and I was dominating the threads between Cole, Sira and me, no? And I think Razorer's
thread is more or less in my control too. Work on a plot, and develop on it.

@Tag: I agree mostly to what you say. But I think you shld join us and RP more too. C'mon!

Btw, I'm advertising this site to some friends as we speak. or type. watever.

Everyone, It's a large family, we gotta stay tgt. Look at all those dead RPGs out there. Lets work
to avoid that path.
Back to top Go down
Haru

Haru

Number of posts : 435
Location : Tyki - Awakened Noah [0/1000] | Shirou - Exorcist [0/100]
Warning :

Level (Character 1) :

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion? Rant? You make the call.   Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 7:33 am

It's a bit of an intense fight, may I say?

Normally I'd add more playfulness to Tyki.
Back to top Go down
Tag

Tag

Warning :

Level (Character 1) :

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion? Rant? You make the call.   Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Oh trust me, I'd love to roleplay with you guys more often, but as I said a while ago, I'm swamped with work and school. I get on when I can to check on things and maybe say hi in the OOC boards but I can't really commit myself to any roleplaying threads and, y'know, I hate disappointing people by not being around to continue one.

Also, this thread wasn't meant to be a giant "bash Tyki" thread. I mean, I do think you need to chill a little with your admin power, but you could be a good admin if you "toned down the harsh". Like, a while ago, I noticed you posting rather rude remarks in other player's thread that you might not have seen as being really rude, but I'm sure they did. This really doesn't attract members.
Back to top Go down
jansonlyw

jansonlyw

Location : I'm surrounded by annoying people (though there are some nice ones too.).
Warning :

Level (Character 1) :
Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. Left_bar_bleue23 / 10023 / 100Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. Right_bar_bleue

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion? Rant? You make the call.   Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 11:59 pm

i know i went overboard so i toned the thing down a little. but yesterday i had a bad day so i was a little pissed, and everything happened, anyway, tyki and i made up, we're friends again! Very Happy

tag, continue on my rp that you've joined and forgotten in france, you can take your time to respond to it, but just dont forget it! its okay if you're not active, just dont disappear and you're okay. Lenalee made you a moderator for a reason you know,
Back to top Go down
Tag

Tag

Warning :

Level (Character 1) :

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion? Rant? You make the call.   Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 12:22 am

I'm pretty sure I responded to it a while ago. Then after that, someone else joined in and I was waiting for you to post. ... Or did I just imagine that? O.o;;;
Back to top Go down
jansonlyw

jansonlyw

Warning :

Level (Character 1) :

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion? Rant? You make the call.   Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 1:24 am

uhhh... i responded to your post and then you never responded. i think you imagined it haha. well lets get back to it by clicking on this
Back to top Go down
Tag

Tag

Warning :

Level (Character 1) :

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion? Rant? You make the call.   Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 1:44 am

I coulda sworn I posted... *must be going crazy Dx*

Oh wells.
Back to top Go down
jansonlyw

jansonlyw

Warning :

Level (Character 1) :

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion? Rant? You make the call.   Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 3:38 am

haha it might have been during the time when forummotion had an error (freaking frequent) and no words appeared in the new posts. then after the words caould be seen, all posts posted during the error were removed. ha you'll have to repost! mwahahaha!! nyaa~~!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion? Rant? You make the call.   Suggestion? Rant? You make the call. Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestion? Rant? You make the call.
Page 1 of 1