D. Gray-man RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D. Gray-man RPG

Enter the world of D. Gray-man and take part in exciting adventures!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xing Lien

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Toasty

Toasty

Number of posts : 12
Warning :
Xing Lien Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Xing Lien Right_bar_bleue

Level (Character 1) :

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

Registration date : 2008-10-17

Xing Lien Empty
PostSubject: Xing Lien   Xing Lien EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 11:17 pm

Name: Xing Lien

Alliance: Black Order

Family: Unknown, suspected deceased.

Crushes: None.

Innocence [Exorcists]: Onigokko

Personality: Lien is a surprisingly playful girl, often behaving in a fashion that would suit someone half her age. She is very friendly, often going out of her way to say hello to a new person, even if it means being late for something important. Lien has almost no concept of personal space, and has an almost psychotic need to touch other people. She is cheerful and laughs frequently at her own little jokes, odd as they may be. Getting information out of Lien has been likened to the painful sensations one gets from pulling one’s own teeth out, as Lien never manages to focus on the matter at hand long enough to give an answer. Even when Lien is paying attention she somehow manages to give the appearance and act that she is miles away and contemplating the price of peas in Persia.
However, when Lien activates her Innocence, she becomes an entirely different person. She is serious, silent, refers to herself as ‘it’ or ‘oni’, and whatever she does say is rather blunt and to the point. When in ‘Oni Mode’, Lien fears nothing, has no emotions save for brief bouts of extreme rage, and has an almost insane urge to hunt and kill Akuma. After going back to normal, Lien usually passes out from the stress and sleeps for hours. Lien is surprisingly knowledgeable about the world, and is actually fond of calligraphy as an art form.

Likes: Bunnies, puppies, sweets, curry, calligraphy, travelling.

Dislikes: Blood, death, stars, black, scary things, useless people.

History:
They found her at the side of the road, nestled away in blood matted straw. She was silent as the grave around her, tiny fingers not even clutching reflexively at the cold finger placed in her grasp. They told her later she was crowned in a haze of akuma stars, black shining sharp against the red stained corpses, bright little eyes untainted by any evil. For years to come she would wake in a cold sweat, fearing the monsters that bump in the night and the stars that shine bring in the black sky.

Xing xing lien hua… step by step through the temple gates go the little ones…

Xing Lien they called her, half for the stars in her cradle and half for being found in a Xingtai prefecture road, a pretty name for an ordinary looking child. They filled her hands with lotus blossoms, raised her to sit up straight and respect her elders, and above all they endeavored to teach their little shrine maiden that she was a princess of honor and grace. Lien in turn went out of her way to fill the little Buddhist temple with smiles and laughter, anything fun that could shake the cobwebs and dark spaces loose.

Xing xing lien hua… slowly they dance toward the end of nothing…

Her hair was tied up, dress arranged just so, and her nerves were frazzled to pieces of pieces. It was to be her first festival, and the monks held her hand as she chattered on and on to the guests. The birds went silent at the first scream, and Lien was carried off to be hidden away with the sacred treasures of that little temple. A sword was thrust into her scrawny ten year old arms, a rosary slipped over her head as they told her to hide better than she had ever hidden before.

Xing xing lien hua… and silence is the only gift of the gods.

She pressed her face into the wood floor, trying so hard to melt away into nothing. The screams faded out, blood smell thicker than even her most suppressed childhood memories. There’s no one there to hear her cry, so poor little Lien doesn’t even bother. Instead she curls up around that ancient sword and shivers as the monster thumps at the door.

It’s hide and seek, isn’t it? So, Lien’s been tagged. Eyes glow gold as her heart burns, she knows this monster far too well for comfort. Tiny fingers clutch at her breast, trying in vain to feel her heart beat through her curse. But no, no such luck. She’s an oni this akuma filled night, and an oni has no need for a heart to play.

Xing xing lien hua… red sky at night is a sailor’s delight.

The Order found a little girl half a mile outside the ruins of a small Buddhist temple, Innocence in her hand and the remains of an Akuma all around her. She was crowned in mechanical parts, shivering from the cold even as they wrapped her in blankets and carried her away for extensive testing. Lien was an Excorcist now, no arguments needed or necessary.

They kept her in constant Invocation, trying to test the limits of her capabilities. It was an endurance run of phenomenal proportions, one where Lien’s range of ‘play’ was extended for miles and miles around. But her heart still would not beat on an Akuma night, but her sword still played its deadly game. So now she stays far out of sight, locked up tight in the bowels of the Black Order. She’s an Exorcist, true, but poor little Lien is an Oni through and through.

Height & Weight: 129.5 cm (4’3”), 31.75 kg (70 lbs)

Looks/Picture:
Lien activating Onigokko

When not using her Innocence, Lien’s eyes are a very plain brown.

RP Sample:
[I just grabbed one of my old posts from my FF8 forum, where Tyr (totally not me) gets his first taste of Mina (that's me) and her amnesia. Cliche, but it was fun.]

The strange man stared and smiled like a complete moron at Mina, happy for some reason. Her brows furrowed slightly, the only sign of her mental distress and confusion. Her fingers reflexively felt the bed behind her, searching for a weapon in case this man decided to go off the deep end of reality and common sense.

"Mina..." And then the man started grinning like an even bigger moron, earning a slight head tilt of confusion from Mina. "Mina, you're alright. You had me pretty worried there." He edged in closer, causing Mina to back up slightly.

“Um…”

"Can't you even remember who I am? It's 'Tyr', remember?" He was so very frantic, almost like a puppy being denied the rawhide bone above its head. Oh my… This is bad…

“I’m sorry…” Slate eyes blinked, slow and methodical as their owner tried so very hard to remember. Her nose scrunched up childishly, a slight frown of confusion as she tilted her head in deep contemplation. A sigh of slight exasperation later, and Mina smiled as sweetly as she could. “I don’t know anyone by the name of Tyr. You must have me mistaken for someone else.”

Mina bit at her lip, unsure as to how he would react. Unconsciously, she began shrinking back from him and shivering at some fragment of a terrible nightmare she was desperate to forget. Shaking hands rose to her head, pulling at her hair as she began to rock back and forth, mouth hanging open as she stared out at nothing.

…Tired beyond anything she had ever felt, she couldn’t even managed the energy to get the bats away from her, let alone keep her hand clamped to her side. Wobbling even on her knees, she sighed. Her arm flopped to the floor, the rest of her body following after it…

The world was so red, so very cold and alone. A shadow of a figure just beyond her reach, promising a salvation. A small hand reached out, desperate to grasp the darkness. “Tyr….” And then the pain started, a violent flash of red light that ached and throbbed down to her very toes. She should be screaming by now, not fighting like a mad wildcat to reach an end…

Mina gave a dry sob, teeth clenching even as she pulled on scarlet tresses. And just as suddenly as the fit had begun, Mina stopped moving, looking back at Tyr with dry eyes in a tear stained smiling face. “I really don’t know you. Please leave.”

Last edited by Toasty on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://bloody-alice.deviantart.com
Untainted666

Untainted666

Number of posts : 343
Warning :

Level (Character 1) :
Xing Lien Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Xing Lien Right_bar_bleue

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

Registration date : 2008-08-22

Xing Lien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xing Lien   Xing Lien EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 12:25 am

Xing Lien is a chinese-sounding name. Is she chinese? But if she is, when she refers to herself as
'Oni', its somewhat inappropriate. Oni is a japanese word for demon, no? I believe the chinese equivalent
would be...erm...'Kui'; 'Yao Guai' or 'Mo'...

But I like your char alreadly Surprised
Back to top Go down
Toasty

Toasty

Warning :

Level (Character 1) :

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

Xing Lien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xing Lien   Xing Lien EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 10:21 am

Lien is amazingly flamingly obviously Chinese. But her Innocence is a Chinese sword with issues. See, I thought about that one. But then I realized a few things that are necessitating the inclusion of the word 'oni' instead of the Chinese equivalent.

1. I dunno what tag is in Chinese, but I'm pretty sure it's not as creepy as Onigokko.
2. The character for oni is in Chinese anyway.
3. Good lord, it makes me laugh that she's THAT confused.
Back to top Go down
Haru

Haru

Number of posts : 435
Location : Tyki - Awakened Noah [0/1000] | Shirou - Exorcist [0/100]
Warning :

Level (Character 1) :

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

Registration date : 2008-07-29

Xing Lien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xing Lien   Xing Lien EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 11:14 am

Oni reminds me of Zoro of one piece.

"Nintouryuu: Onigiri!"

I'd approve it but it's not done.

Oh and may I add that picture is hawt. 0_o
Back to top Go down
Untainted666

Untainted666

Number of posts : 343
Warning :

Level (Character 1) :
Xing Lien Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Xing Lien Right_bar_bleue

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

Registration date : 2008-08-22

Xing Lien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xing Lien   Xing Lien EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:10 am

Agreed!!! Damn hot!

And the character for Oni is not really in chinese, they share the same character, but technically its Kanji.

So...welcome, confused-chinese-oni-girl! Go make your Innocence!

And for those ppl too lazy to click on the link for her pic, I'm uploading it here:
Xing Lien 1140-shingo-57a9
Back to top Go down
Toasty

Toasty

Warning :

Level (Character 1) :

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

Xing Lien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xing Lien   Xing Lien EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 9:44 am

But but but... she has no history.... it's sitting in my Word document being all literate colorful while I make it obscenely long. I shan't do anything else for her until her history ish up.

[Edit days later...]

NOW SHE'S DONE.
Back to top Go down
Haru

Haru

Warning :

Level (Character 1) :

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

Xing Lien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xing Lien   Xing Lien EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 8:00 am

Approved!!
Back to top Go down
Tag

Tag

Number of posts : 184
Warning :

Level (Character 1) :

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

Registration date : 2008-06-16

Xing Lien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xing Lien   Xing Lien EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 12:17 pm

Tyyyyyyki, why'd ya delete my approved post? It had a cute lil ~ and everything. ;o;
Back to top Go down
Haru

Haru

Warning :

Level (Character 1) :

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

Xing Lien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xing Lien   Xing Lien EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 12:40 pm

*Hides Evil Delete Hammer and walks around whistling.*
Back to top Go down
Toasty

Toasty

Warning :

Level (Character 1) :

Level (Character 2) :

Level (Character 3) :

Xing Lien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xing Lien   Xing Lien EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 12:55 pm

O_o

Ok... so, was there like some mini approval war over little Lien? Cuz if so, stop it. It all works and she's approved leaving it at that, yesh we are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Xing Lien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xing Lien   Xing Lien Empty

Back to top Go down

Xing Lien
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
D. Gray-man RPG :: Creation :: Character Creation-
Jump to: